The bustling India Street in Downtown San Diego is the site of Portico, a mixed-use, midrise building that highlights comfort and convenience.
Portico was originally meant to be an apartment building. But the thriving real estate market at the time convinced developer, Intracorp, to turn the structure into a condo instead. Today, Portico is one of the highly-desired Little Italy condos for sale due to its prime location and budget-friendly monthly fees.
Building and Unit Descriptions
Portico Condos has studios and 1 to 2- bedroom condos ranging from 591 to 720 square feet. These residential units have:
- 8-foot ceilings
- Well-designed floor plans
- Modern light fixtures
- High-quality carpet flooring
Units in Portico may not have balconies but immense windows still allow sweeping views of the city and the streets below.
Portico also serves as a retail space, with 6,000 square feet on ground level.
In-house Amenities and Services
The Portico community area on the second floor contains a barbecue grill, sink, and several tables and seating areas. The space is useful for barbecuing, get-togethers, and for residents’ personal leisure time.
Portico puts a high tab on security, as seen in the 24/7 monitoring of its underground parking area and building entrances.
Downtown San Diego Attractions less than 10 Minutes Away
Portico’s prime location makes it close to many interesting shops, restaurants, and establishments like:
- Craft & CommerceThis down-home gastropub has been around since 2009. Its expanded interiors has been described as a “dimly-lit, industrial literary cabin” with books stacked high, hundred-year-old taxidermy on its walls, and lots of shared searing. More than the unique interiors, Craft & Commerce is known for their mouthwatering fare. It was named by Food & Wine as one of “Top 50Bars in the Country” in 2011 and “Best Bar Food in the US” in 2012. Try the popular wood-fired bone marrow with sourdough and the beer cocktail Lay Lady Lay. Hidden within the restaurant is the False Idol, a tiki-themed bar that offers various concoctions.
- Enoteca StyleHailed as one of the best eateries in Little Italy, Enoteca Style is everyone’s haven for wining and dining. The restaurant’s menu is a fusion of Italian and California cuisine that are best paired with any of their fine wines.
- Music BoxMusic Box provides the perfect venue for listening to your favorite local and big-name artists in the flesh. This popular San Diego recreation hub also offers a lovely gourmet dining experience to its patrons.
Contact Jorge Castellon for Condos for Sale in Little Italy, San Diego, CA
Interested in buying your own Portico condo in San Diego? Let me be your guide throughout the home buying process! Schedule a viewing with me today by calling 619-322-2262 or send an email to Jorge(at)LittleItalyCondos(dotted)com.